There are several mailing lists available for PmWiki.
- [ pmwiki-users ]
- This is a great resource where a very helpful group of people will answer questions and discuss PmWiki development. As of 2016, traffic is around 20–40 messages a month.
- [ pmwiki-users-de ]
- A mailing list for german-speaking users of PmWiki. Archived at
- [ pmwiki-users-es ]
- Lista de usuarios PmWiki en Español.
- [ pmwiki-users-fr ]
- A mailing list for french-speaking users of PmWiki.
- [ pmwiki-devel ]
- This list was created to lower the traffic on pmwiki-users, it focuses on discussions surrounding code development for PmWiki (both core and recipe development).
- [ pmwiki-announce ]
- Announcements of new version releases and urgent information, about 1–2 messages per month. If you use PmWiki in a production environment, this low-volume list is highly recommended. The archive is at:
- If you reply to a digest message, please remove the messages irrelevant to your reply before sending it back to the list.
- It’s also helpful to change “Re: pmwiki-users Digest, Vol […]” to “Re: [the original subject]” because some mail programs determine threads based on the subject.
- If you address a reply to a single list member, please take the [pmwiki-users] off the subject line, or it’s possible for your message to get lost in the mailing list traffic. Many people filter list traffic to a separate mailbox.
- If you ask a question, you should disable “digest” mode, this way you’ll receive the replies as soon as people post them, and you could follow-up. In digest mode you might receive the replies a week or two later.
Changing mail list settings
Here are some tips regarding changing the mailing list settings:
- Logging in…
- First go to https://www.pmichaud.com/mailman/listinfo/pmwiki-users and enter your e-mail address in the field at the bottom of the page, to the left of the button Unsubscribe or edit options.
- Next you need to enter your password. As you’ve probably forgotten this, use the button Remind at the bottom of the page to get a new password.
- Finally enter the password you should get momentarily via e-mail.
- You can directly go to the options web page through a URI such as the following:
<user>is everything before the
@in an e-mail address, and
<domain>is everything after ( For those who wonder, the
%40in the URI just stands for ‘
- You can also obtain various help by sending an email to
email@example.com with the text
helpin either the subject or the body.
You may be interested, that the lists are also accessible as newsgroups.
The NNTP server is:
The pmwiki groups are:
If you find a dead link to the PmWiki user groups at Gmane, it is now possible to look for the reference, at https://www.pmwiki.org/search-ml.php and find your answers and/or update the documentation.
You may have to use the WayBack machine to search by the original URL.
This is a basic and quite fast search function for messages in the [pmwiki-users] and [pmwiki-devel] mailing lists.
Gmane was a searchable mailing list archive that we used extensively to find information or older discussions, and we also linked to it a lot both in the documentation and in our everyday messages. It disappeared in 2016 and was only partially restored, so most of the links to it do not work anymore.
This page may have a more recent version on pmwiki.org: PmWiki:MailingLists, and a talk page: PmWiki:MailingLists-Talk.